So just got back from a vacation.
For 15 years (give or take) my best friend and I have spent a couple of weeks in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. We stay at the same hotel. We eat at mostly the same restaurants. And we do basically the same thing every time. And that thing is relax and do nothing. No excursions. No (planned) walks. Nothing. Just pure relaxation. … And food. And drinks. And sunsets. But that all just adds to the relaxation.
Here is a sample schedule (all times are approximate)…
- 8:00 Wake up, coffee, sit on balcony, watch things, shower, watch things, coffee
- 10:00 breakfast, watch things
- 11:00 back to the room, lotion, speedo(!)
- 11:30 beach, watch things, swimming, tan, watch things
- 2:00 beverages, watch things
- 3:00 lunch, watch things
- 4:00 back to the room, shower, TV, nap
- 6:00 tea on balcony, watch things: mostly sunset
- 7:30 dinner, drinks, watch things
- 9:30 coffee, watch things
- 11:00 room, TV, sleep
Repeat 14 times. Yup. Not the most exciting schedule, but utterly and completely relaxing. Not much else to say really. Oh. Except. It rained for 48 hours non-stop. And it was glorious. It was very relaxing sitting under a palapa and staying dry, while the rain lightly falls around you. Nice warm rain. The beach was mostly empty. So. Peaceful
I'll post a few rainy-day videos later. But that's all I have really. If you want more photos just look at some of the photos on flickr from the last 15 years. They're all about the same. Not much changes. Well. Except for me. I change. Why do you think there are no speedo photos???